307 N. Main St., Culver, IN
Studio Phone: 574-842-8888
Residence Phone: 574-842-4350
Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse
Signed, Open Edition Print
Image Size: approx. 6" x 4"
Unmatted: $26 free shipping
To place an order please call 574-842-4350.
Discount on additional items within same order.
In 1890, a foghorn station was placed at this site, to serve traffic in the waters of the Mackinac Straits which connect Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. The Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse was built in 1892 and designed to look like a fort or castle with an attached 40 foot tall light tower.
This lighthouse remained active until 1957 when the lights on the newly completed Mackinac Bridge made the lighthouse unnecessary, and it was decommissioned. Then the Mackinac Island State Park Commission purchased the property and incorporated it into the surrounding Michilmackinac State Park. After restoration to its 1910 appearance, the lighthouse reopened to the public in 2004.
Browse our Water Series section on this web site to find other compatible light house prints, similar in size and matting. Any of these would display nicely together.